Saturday, May 10th - Sunday, 11th, 2008: Florence Days
Florence celebrates its heritage each year with a parade and lots of other activities, usually the third weekend of May, but this year, it is on the second weekend. The celebration is organized by the Florence Historical Foundation.
- Florence Days - Second weekend of May (10-11th), 2008
- May 10 Florence Days Parade, 1-3 P.M. from Miller Park to McKinley Street.
- Vintage Car Show following the parade at Florence Home, 7915 N. 30th Street (()).
- Open house, free blood pressure check, free computer sessions, and a bake sale from 9 A.M. to Noon, at the Florence Home, 7915 N. 30th Street (()).
- May 10th (Saturday): Florence Days Parade, 1-3 P.M. from Miller Park to McKinley Street.
There are several new entries in this very special year's parade. See Details | See pictures from the 2007 parade.
- May 10-11th (Saturday-Sunday): Florence Mill Open House & sneak preview of upcoming Art Show
9102 North 30th Street (()).
Open 1 P.M. to 5 P.M. on May 10th only.
The second floor gallery will be displaying an art exhibit of Connor Meigs starting June 1st, 2008. The art gallery has been dedicated as the Connor Meigs Memorial Gallery.
- May 9-10 (Friday-Saturday), and 16-18 (Friday-Sunday): Florentine Players Melodrama,
"Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?" or "Florence, It's Raining Men"
Ticket Prices: $10, Seniors & Groups of 8 or more: $8, available by mail, or in person after April 17th at Bakers, No-Frills, and Florence Drugtown.
Curtain at 7:30 P.M. Thurs-Sat & 2:00 P.M. Sunday Matinee
Doors open 1 hour before curtain.
Located at Florence City Hall, 2864 State Street (())
Auditions for this show: Sunday, Feb. 24th - Monday, 25th, 2008 - 7:00 P.M.