Saturday, May 9th - Sunday, 10th, 2009: Florence Days
Florence celebrates its heritage each year with a parade and lots of other activities, usually the third weekend of May, but this year, it is on the second weekend. The celebration is organized by the Florence Historical Foundation.
- Florence Days - Second weekend of May (9-10th), 2009
- May 9 Florence Days Parade, 1-3 P.M. from Miller Park to McKinley Street.
- Vintage Car Show following the parade at Florence Home, 7915 N. 30th Street (()).
- Open house, free blood pressure check, free computer sessions, and a bake sale from 9 A.M. to Noon, at the Florence Home, 7915 N. 30th Street (()).
- May 9th (Saturday): Florence Days Parade, 1-3 P.M. from Miller Park to McKinley Street.
There are several new entries in this very special year's parade. See Details | See pictures from the 2007 parade.
- May 9-10th (Saturday-Sunday): Florence Mill Open House & sneak preview of upcoming Art Show
9102 North 30th Street (()).
Open 1 P.M. to 5 P.M. on May 10th only.
The second floor gallery will be displaying an art exhibit by Linda Meigs starting May 1st, 2009 and paintings by Stephanie Olesh starting June 1st, 2009.
- May 8-9 (Friday-Saturday), and 15-16 (Friday-Saturday): Florentine Players Melodrama,
"The Ol' Razzle Dazzle"
Ticket Prices: $10, Seniors & Groups of 8 or more: $8, available by mail, or in person after April 17th at Bakers, No-Frills, and Florence Drugtown.
Curtain at 7:30 P.M. Thurs-Sat & 2:00 P.M. Sunday Matinee
Doors open 1 hour before curtain.
Located at Florence City Hall, 2864 State Street (())
- Auditions for this show: Monday, Feb. 23rd - Tuesday, 24th, 2009 - 7:00 P.M.